Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Fellowship of the Unashamed

During her Ethics presentation yesterday, Sharon gave us all a statement written by a young African pastor found among his papers in Zimbabwe after he was martyred. I pray that all of us would possess such courage, determination and commitment towards Christ.

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I am a disciple of His and I won’t look back, let up, slow down, or back away, or be still.

My past is redeemed. My present makes sense. My future is secure. I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, live by prayer and labor by the Holy Spirit’s power.

My face is set. My gait is fast. My goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, but my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed.

I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won’t give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and preached up for the case of Christ.

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until He comes, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He stops me. My banner is clear. I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ivy Denen said...

This quote actually comes from Dr. Bob Moorehead. Many places wrongly attribute this to many different folks. I've seen it attributed to an African pastor, a Mormon scholar and a Asian student. Please stop spreading misinformation.

12:33 am  
Blogger Annmicha said...

I agree that the source proceeds from the Zimbabwe pastor. Anyway, his final words are inspirational, insightful and bespeaks a true revolutionary christian. Thanks for posting this!

4:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is absoulutly amazing...i only wish that my walk and faith in jesus christ alone was that strong!!!! i look up to this pastor.....my church done a human video with these truly inspiring words in it....these arnt just words someone said it ministers!!!!!!!♥

9:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home