Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Was Terribly Sick

Just when you thought that this blog has been permanently abandoned...

Yes, there was a time, a long period of time, when I was entertaining the idea of giving up blogging.

There was a time I was terribly sick. I was sick of reading blogs that insinuate others sarcastically with an attitude of superiority. I was sick of reading blogs that pretend to be nice and diplomatic but ended up saying nothing. I was sick of reading blogs that boast about nothing but the authors themselves. Worst of all, I was sick as I realised that I was guilty of such now and then.

I did not like what I read. I did not like what I wrote. Lest I continue to fall into such fatal traps, lest I accidentally abuse blogging again, I stopped blogging for a long time.

But, after a long period of reflection and prayer, I decided to pick up from where I have left. It is no longer important to ask why I have decided to continue, but it is important for me (and for all bloggers) from now on to learn to write humbly and sincerely with the single intention of building others up. It is my prayer that our hearts be examined before we write.

May God help us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina Kam said...

u noe wut, i actually thought of this, to quit blogging, cox one moment i realized at times i have been blogging to flaunt my spirituality n to take pride in my own thoughts...n i believe many bloggers does that. n this is not pleasing to the eyes of God, so for a moment i did not blog..even now each time before i blog i have to decide in my heart whetehr the purpose i blog is to build others up or just showing off my thoughts n etc...Its kinda dangerous, cox blogging indirectly sparks pride in us...and we tend to compare whose blog is better...so there comes jealousy/competition on whose blog is written/presented better n etc..Even rite now as we blog we need to have the right attitudes n right motives...everything being written must be for the glory of GOD...Thanks for sharing ur thoughts on this..Lets together write with a humble heart to build one another...AMEN!!

4:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home