Saturday, April 18, 2009

Video: Beautifully Imperfect



I first saw this ad on Channel 5 (Singapore) on Maundy Thursday while preparing for the Stations of the Cross together with my cell group members. I was very touched by the words that were being said. Today, I came across the video clip on Charles' blog and watched it again. It never fails to touch my heart every time I watch the ad.

I felt very touched by her last words, "So to my beautiful children, I hope one day, you too find yourselves life partners who are as beautifully imperfect as your father was to me."

If only we were able to look at our neighbour as someone who is truly beautifully imperfect...as we are - beautiful because we were all created by God in his beautiful Image, imperfect because we are still "on the way" to perfection - then maybe, just maybe, the commandments of Christ, "Love your neighbour as yourself" and "If you hold anything against anyone, forgive him" might be a little bit easier to follow.

Grace and forgiveness are much needed in this hurting world. Let us learn to offer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home