Sunday, March 25, 2007

Foolish Love

Dear Master,

I have thought it over for quite some time. I find your love foolish. Why do you want to love me so deeply? Do you not know that your deep love for me places you in a lowly and vulnerable position? Do you not know that if you love me so deeply, you are bound to be hurt by me so deeply as well each time I turn my back against you and reject you? Why do you not choose to keep a safe distance from me and love me conditionally, loving me to the extent that I love you, lest you get hurt unnecessarily?

Do you know that because of your foolish love, I am bound to be a foolish lover as well? Do you know how painful it is for me to place myself in a vulnerable position, willingly to be susceptible to hurt and rejection by people that I am committed to love? Do you know how it feels when they turn their back against me and reject me?

How I wish I could choose the other path, keeping a safe distance from everyone else so that I can protect myself from being hurt so badly. How I wish I could love others, in a casual, conditional and convenient way, so that I can still be seen as a loving Christian and yet not having to endure the threat of being hurt.

Master, can you stop being foolish, that I might stop being foolish as well?

Yours foolishly,
A foolish follower

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger serene said...

that's y they have the phrase, "fools for Christ".. =)
but at least it's a good thing to know that God sees us wiser than those we know are the real foolish ones..maybe thats wat has kept us going so far- knowing that God sees us the wise ones when we follow His footsteps since we know that how God views us is more important than how the world views us.. =)

9:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home